Thursday, September 27, 2012

1.49 AM

They say nothing good happens after 2 AM right?
Well I still got 11 minutes left ;P

For the past many years I've been waking up at these kind of hours, between midnight and 2 AM.
On some nights I woke up in a hospital, during my night shift, with the sound of the still-hectic Emergency Room.
On some nights I woke up and hear the sound of my housemates cramming for exams together at the dining room.
On some nights I wasn't even asleep yet, and I'm surrounded with friends offering more drinks.

And on some nights, I woke up alone in my bed, feeling somewhat lonely.

Well yeah, I hate to admit it but I do feel lonely too, at certain times. To me, loneliness is kind of funny. It's the kind of feeling that I very rarely get, since I am always surrounded by family, co-workers, friends and/or boyfriend during the day and the evening. Plus, I'm the kind of girl who enjoy solitude a little bit too much, meaning I secretly love being alone.

But not when I woke up at night like this..
I feel like I'm the only one who's awake and everybody has left me to travel to lalaland. (Which doesn't make sense because I know that the people in the US are probably having lunch right now, but my heart simply refuse to acknowledge that)

I guess people would recommend me to check the social media during these hours, because Internet is a 24 hour thing. Well yea, it helps. But to me hearing a friend's voice and reading their "I can't sleep" status are just not the same.

The only positive thing I get from this is that maybe that's why God invented sholat malam. The night prayer. To remind us that at the end of the day, we really are alone, and He's the only one you can count on.
But hey, that's just me.


Sleep tight, world.


Love,
TS

No comments: