Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Labels

Growing up, I used to have this hatred towards labels. I'm not comfortable when people referred to me as "Tessa pacarnya si X" "Tessa 78" "Tessa PSM" "Tessa FK" or the worst kind : "Tessa sepupunya..". Deep inside I wanted people to recognize me as Tessa Anindya. Or Tessa Sastrowardoyo. Titik. When people put labels on me, I feel like I'm forced to be attached to something. And if you know me well enough, you'll know that Freedom and Independence are two of my favorite things in life.

That's probably one of the reasons why marriage is not something I 'adore'. The thought of people referred to me as "Mrs. (insert the lucky guy's name here)" feels very... unusual, to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's just my absurd way of thinking.

Either way, I hope you have a great day.
Thanks for reading.


Love,
TS


No comments: